From detoxifying your body to preventing dehydration to helping say bye-bye to summer woes, cucumber makes you healthy and enhances your beauty, say experts.
Sonia Narang, Wellness and Nutrition expert, Oriflame India, and Sonia Mathur, Beauty Expert, Divine Organics, share the benefits of cucumber:
* Cucumbers are composed of 95 per cent water. They help to keep the body hydrated and replenish it by eliminating toxins. The high water content in cucumber acts as a system cleanser and sweeps waste products out of the system.
* Cucumbers are rich in fibre, potassium, and magnesium. All these nutrients are effective in lowering blood pressure. Additionally, its mild diuretic properties, owing to its high potassium and water content, also help to regulate blood pressure.
* It soothes the skin. Apply cucumber juice directly to the skin for instant freshness. Cucumber contains potassium and is ideal for dry skin.
* It reduces dark circles. Keep cucumber slices on eyes everyday for 8-10 minutes for reducing dark circles and puffiness around the eyes. Or simply apply grated cucumber for a smooth and refreshed skin.
* Cucumber, due to its high water content and anti-inflammatory properties, helps in treating tanning.