Indulge in healthy yet nutritious delights with the goodness of almonds and walnuts, suggest experts. Celebrity chef Vicky Ratnani suggests almond recipes:
Makhnee Masala Almonds
60g – Almonds
Salt to taste
5ml- Olive oil
1½ tsp- Makhnee Gravy Masala (dry)
* Toss the almonds with the spices and olive oil, sea salt and toast it in a pan for 7 minutes in a moderate oven.
Rasam Spiked Almonds
1tsp- Sea Salt
5ml- Olive oil
1tbsp- Coriander seeds
2- Dry red chilies
1tbsp- Toor (arhar) dal
1tbsp- Bengal gram (channa dal)
1tbsp- Black peppercorns
1tbsp- Cumin seeds (jeera)
* Toast the almonds with sea salt and olive oil. Set aside.
* In the same pan, dry roast the red chilli, channa dal and toor dal on medium flame until the dals are golden in colour.
* Transfer to a plate to cool.
* Roast the coriander seeds and pepper until fragrant. Add the jeera at the end, and roast it till it starts popping. Let all the ingredients cool completely.
* Powder them fine in a mixer, add it to the almonds and then store in an airtight container.
Celebrity Chef Sabyasachi Gorai, on behalf of California Walnuts, has curated walnut recipes:
Tropical mango, walnut and turmeric smoothie bowl
Flesh from half a mango (reserving a few slices to garnish)
1 small piece of fresh turmeric
Half a banana
200ml- Coconut milk
Squeeze of lime juice (plus a little zest to garnish)
8- walnut halves
A handful of raspberries and blueberries
1- passion fruit
1tbsp- Coconut flakes
* Place the mango, turmeric, banana and coconut milk into a blender and blitz until smooth. Add lime juice to taste and blend again until combined.
* Pour the smoothie into a bowl and garnish with the reserved mango, berries, walnuts, passion fruit, lime zest and coconut flakes.
Walnut Mango Bowl
300g- Flesh of a mango
800g- Natural, sugar-free yogurt
4- Ice cubes
1/4 tsp- Cardamom
* Grind the mango together with half of walnuts, the yogurt, the milk, the ice cubes and the ground cardamom.
* If the mixture is too thick, add water or milk until the desired consistency is achieved.
* Pour the mango lassi into four bowls and decorate with the rest of the California walnuts (some of them grated) grated cocoa, sheets of mango and ground cardamom.