Khammam, Dec.7 (NSS): Telangana Pradesh Congress Committee (TPCC) President N. Uttam Kumar Reddy has warned the TRS Government against rising unemployment among educated youth and demanded that immediate steps be taken to resolve the crisis.
Addressing a massive public meeting at in Chintagurthi of of Khammam district on Thursday evening, Uttam Kumar Reddy said that the TRS Government has completely failed to address the issue of rising unemployment. Quoting a report on unemployment in India prepared by the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) and Centre for Monitoring Indian Economy (CMIE), he said that Telangana has the third-highest level of unemployment among graduates in India. He said the unemployment rate in Telangana State between May and August 2017 was a whopping 18.59%. He alleged that Chief Minister K. Chandrashekhar Rao was not serious in dealing with unemployment crisis. He said lakhs of young graduates are waiting to get jobs both in government and private sectors. But TRS Government has completely neglected them and KCR is living in his own illusionary world, he alleged.
Uttam Kumar Reddy pointed out there are nearly 30 lakh unemployed graduates in Telangana State. Of them, nearly 18.27 lakh have already enrolled themselves with the Telangana State Public Service Commission. “The desperation of these young graduates to get a job can be understood from the fact that the TSPSC website had over 44.50 lakh visitors in the month of October and nearly 35 lakh visitors in November. The visitors were not other than unemployed youth who login in repeatedly to check for fresh job notifications. But they got disappointed,” he said.
He reminded that the Chief Minister, while addressing the first Assembly session had promised to fill 1,07,744 vacancies in one year. Even after three-and-a-half years, notifications were issued only for 42,035 jobs and only 27,874 recruitments are claimed to have been made. Of 34,625 jobs notified through TSPSC, only 5,932 were filled. The government is yet to approve 44,979 jobs. He also slammed the TRS Government for its silence on deadline for recruitment on 72,644 new posts which were created since June 2014. He said the TRS Government has even failed to fill the vacancies that existed at the time of Telangana formation.
“KCR is not willing to understand the gravity of the situation. In order to provide jobs to 30 lakh qualified graduates till 2019, Telangana Government should have created an average of 1643 jobs per day or 68 jobs every hour. But so far, in the government sector, it has created just 21 jobs per day. Of over 18.27 lakh aspirants, only 27,874 or 1.5% got recruited. What should the remaining 98.5% aspirants do?” he asked.
Uttam Kumar Reddy advised KCR to focus on real issues like unemployment than behaving like a “Chief Event Manager”. He said that the Chief Minister has become allergic to advise by opposition parties and have been crushing all kinds of protests to suppress views and complaints of all stakeholders. “KCR wants everyone to believe his version that all is well in Telangana which is not the truth. The Chief Minister should at least look at the figures of unemployed youth who got registered themselves with the TSPSC to understand the gravity of the situation,” he said while announcing that the Congress would launch a massive agitation on unemployment issue.
The TPCC chief also promised that the Congress party, after coming to power to in 2019 elections, would reverse the situation. He said that the Congress Government would create lakhs of jobs in both government and private sectors. Further, he said all unemployed youth would be paid a monthly allowance of Rs. 3,000 until they get a job.
Uttam Kumar Reddy also ridiculed the series of meetings held by the Chief Minister on the SC, ST and BC welfare. “KCR did not fulfil any of the promises that he made with these communities in TRS manifesto. He wasted over three-and-a-half years and now he is seeking views on these communities could be developed. The meetings are nothing but an eye wash and an attempt to cover up the failures,” he said while demanding that the Chief Minister first fulfil the promises of giving 3 acres of land to Dalit families and 12% reservation for Muslims and STs before making fresh announcements.
The TPCC chief also announced that the birthday celebrations of Congress president Sonia Gandhi would be organised at a grand scale across Telangana State. He said it was Sonia Gandhi who turned 60-year-old dream of Telangana into a reality and therefore, her birthday would be celebrated as ‘Thanksgiving Day’. He said a grand function would also be organised at party headquarters Gandhi Bhavan.
The meeting was also addressed by AICC Telangana Inchrage Secretary R.C. Khuntia, TPCC Working President Mallu Bhatti Vikramarka, Rajya Sabha member Renuka Chowdhary, MLC Ponguleti Sudhakar Reddy and other leaders. (NSS)